Which programme might be suitable for you?
Deciding on which career pathway to choose might be confusing. Our guide might help you make that decision.
- I enjoy working outside
- I like to show how good I am by doing things
- I want to make a permanent contribution to the community in which I live
- I want to be an expert in my chosen craft, producing work to the highest standard
- I want to keep my options open; in a few years I could be self-employed, running my own company or maybe I’ll be running a site of my own.
- In the future I would consider doing a Degree
If you have answered ‘yes’ to most of the statements above, a Trade Apprenticeship could be a good option for you.
- I enjoy working in an office and getting involved with site activity
- I like to show how good I am by knowing everything about the tasks I am responsible for
- I want to make a real contribution to the success of my company
- I want to be an expert in my chosen profession, producing work to the highest standard
- I would consider joining the professional body relevant to my role
- I would consider studying at Degree level in the future
- In a few years I could be leading my colleagues in their work
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to most of these statements, and you have (or will have) at least 5 GCSE’s including English & Maths, or A Levels, an apprenticeship could be a good option for you.
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to most of these statements, and you have (or will have) a BTEC Level 3, HNC, HND, Degree or higher a trainee role could be a good option for you.
Find out more about our commercial and technical programmes here.